Math & Science Center
Spring Break March 20-26: W126 & W224 will be CLOSED with no in-person tutoring. VINNY will be available remotely Monday-Thursday from 9-3. Please visit the Online Tutoring page for his Zoom link.
Get free drop-in tutoring for your math and science courses. No appointments needed.
Find Free Help When You Need It
We’re located in the Washington Center for Science and Art. Simply stop by to get on-campus tutoring or drop into a remote tutoring session via Zoom.
In addition to tutoring, we offer study spaces, computers with software for DCC math and science courses, a printer and scanner, textbooks, and TI-84 calculators you can use (and borrow once per semester for tests). Best of all, everything’s free and available when you need it.
Spring 2023 Tutoring
This semester, the center offers on-campus or Zoom tutoring for courses in biology, chemistry, physics, all levels of math, nursing, computer information systems, computer science, engineering and more. Some professors offer their office hours in the Math & Science Center. Find a tutor to see a list of courses and the tutors prepared to help.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 431-8530.
Visiting the Center
Head to one of our three levels, sign in with your ID or name, and find a place to sit. Put up a sign showing the course you’d like help with. A tutor will stop by to assist.
Choose the level that fits your needs:
- Level 1 (126 Washington Center): MAT 099 & 100-level math courses Open Monday and Wednesday, 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m,; Tuesday and Thursday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. (closed Friday)
- Level 2 (224/226 Washington Center): Math and science and BIO 103/105/106. Open Monday and Wednesday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Thursday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.; Fridays 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Level 3 (324 Washington Center): Biology. Open Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; Wednesday 11:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. (closed Friday)
- We also have tutoring at our Fishkill and Hudson Valley Regional Airport locations.
How Our Tutors Help
Our tutors include both professional tutors and student tutors recommended by faculty. They can:
- Help you begin assignments and projects
- Offer advice on how to approach problems
- Encourage you to develop problem-solving techniques
Our tutors do not:
- Solve assigned problems
- Check completed problems for errors
- Sit with you as you complete an entire assignment
- Act as personal tutors
Tutors typically help many students during a given time slot. We also offer individual half-hour appointments for all 100-level math courses and MAT099.
Math & Science Center
Washington Center for Science & Art
Phone: (845) 431-8538
53 Pendell Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601