DCC @ HVR Airport
DCC @ HVR Airport combines world-class flight, aviation management, aviation maintenance, airframe and powerplant technician instruction with access to the Aviation Education Center, a state-of-the-art, collegiate aviation facility.
With cutting-edge classrooms, labs and hangar, the 31,800-sq.-ft facility is the hub of operations for one of New York state’s leading aviation training programs. Located on the grounds of the bustling Hudson Valley Regional Airport (KPOU), the center offers students the perfect aviation training environment.
The 31,800 square-foot Aviation Education Center features:
- Advanced aircraft system simulators, including the Redbird Full Motion Three Axis Simulator.
- Access to general aviation and corporate aviation aircraft, including the Gulf Stream G3; a selection of Cessna aircraft, including the 404, 172 and 182; models; a Beechcraft T34; a Piper PA32-260; a Robinson 22 (helicopter); and a Mooney MC20.
- 15,000 sq. ft. teaching laboratory hangar.
- 11,000 sq. ft. experiential hangar.
- Turbine and piston engines for students to overhaul.
- A modern welding and sheetmetal shop.
- Five classrooms appropriately configured for aviation courses and designed to individually accommodate classes of 25 and 40 students.
- Technical library and testing room.
- Student breakroom.
- Specialized tool and equipment room.
- Fully functioning and runnable test cell turbine and piston engines.
DCC @ HVR Airport is home to Falcon One, a Grumman G3-C20 jet previously owned by the U.S. government and used by presidents George H.W. Bush and Ronald Reagan, and General Norman Schwarzkopf. The airplane supports the hands-on learning required of students in the aviation maintenance technician program. The jet was acquired by DCC at nominal cost through government surplus.
Moving the Fleet
See what's happening at our Aviation Education Center.
DCC Lands Former Air Force One Plane for Aircraft Maintenance Program
DCC @ HVR Airport
Phone: (845) 790-3660
237 New Hackensack Road
Wappingers Falls, NY 12590