Fall 2016 Discount TicketsWe offer tickets to local attractions at a discount for students. Tickets may be used for any date. No transportation is provided for these events. Discount tickets go on sale September 6, 2016 and are available while supplies last or until December 2, 2016.
Night at the Movies
What’s better than sitting in comfort watching new releases at local theaters? Throughout the fall, you pick the show and see it at a discount with these passes. Due to the popularity of this event there will be a limit of two student tickets and 5 guest tickets, for each theater, per week.
Roosevelt Theater or Lyceum Theater (Red Hook, NY)
Students: $4.00 Guests: $5.00
Regal Cinemas in Poughkeepsie Galleria or Fishkill 12
Students: $7.00 Guests: $9.00
Six Flags: Great Adventure Discount Ticket
Use these discounted tickets to head down to Six Flags in New Jersey, for a lot of fun. Six Flags Great Adventure is a world-class family entertainment complex filled with exciting world-class rides, fabulous shows and exciting attractions. Tickets are limited and good any day during the season. There is a limit of 1 Student and 1 Guest ticket for this event. No transportation is provided for this event.
Students: $32.00 Guests: $42.00
Patriots vs. Jets
Sunday, November 27
Enjoy the hard-hitting action that is NFL Football. See division rivals, the New England Patriots, take on the N.Y. Jets at MetLife Stadium. No transportation is provided for this event. There is a limit of 1 Student and 1 Guest ticket.
Students: $50.00 Guests: $60.00
Fall 2016 TripsTickets for trips go on sale for students September 6, 2016. Student may purchase only one student and one guest ticket until the open ticket sale date on September 19, 2016. After this date, non-students and those wishing to purchase additional tickets may do so at the guest rate.
Phillies vs Mets
Sunday, September 25
Come and witness the crack of the bat and the slap of the glove as the Phillies and Mets battle for the division. Seats are located in section 125. Bus will leave Lot “D” at 9:00 a.m. and return following the 1:00 p.m. game.
Students: $59.00 Guests: $69.00
Broadway Play: “Wicked”
Sunday, October 16
A vivid reimagining of the classic The Wizard of Oz, Wicked spotlights the untold stories of Oz’s most famous (or infamous) characters, namely the Wicked Witch of the West and her unlikely friend, Glinda the Good. The show follows green-skinned star Elphaba from birth to college and through the life-changing events which eventually label her “wicked,” introducing spoiled rich girl Glinda, local prince and heartthrob Fiyero and even the Wizard of Oz himself, a troubled man very unlike the one you may remember. As Elphaba, a passionate political activist if there ever was one, fights injustice and seeks to undo the mistakes of the past, dark secrets and personal tragedies shape the history of Oz, paying homage to the classic Wizard of Oz story while simultaneously changing fans’ understanding of it forever. A cautionary tale about love, friendship and trust, Wicked effortlessly reveals that there are indeed two sides to every story. Seats are located in the Orchestra Section. Bus leaves Lot “D” at 10:00 a.m. and departs after the 2:00 p.m. show.
Students: $69.00 Guests: $79.00
October NYC Trip
Saturday, October 22
Check out some VanGogh at the Museum of Modern Art or an IMAX at the American Museum of Natural History. We’ll drop you off and you can wander at your leisure. Hit the museums or just tour the city. The cost of the museums is not included. Bus leaves Lot “D” at 8:00 a.m. and departs New York City at 6:00 p.m.
Students: $10.00 Guests: $15.00
Radio City Christmas Spectacular
Saturday, November 19
It’s more spectacular than ever before! Featuring brand-new scenes, new sets & costumes, breathtaking special effects and an unforgettable new finale! The Rockettes perform 5 new numbers, showcasing their signature eye-high kicks and incredible precision dance style in some of the most challenging numbers ever conceived. Cherished favorites like the Parade of the Wooden Soldiers and the Living Nativity are enhanced, inviting you and your family to experience these marvelous scenes in a whole new way. Tickets are in the Orchestra 2 section. You’ll have time before the show to explore the city. Bus will leave Lot “D” at 12:00 p.m. and return following the 5:00 p.m. show.
Students: $60.00 Guests: $70.00
December NYC Trip
Saturday, December 3
Here’s your chance to get to the city to get your holiday shopping done, see a show, or just explore the city a little. Bus leaves Lot “D” at 8:00 a.m. and departs NYC at 6:00 p.m.
Students: $10.00 Guests: $15.00
NOTE: You MUST be currently enrolled in fall 2016 credit-bearing classes to be eligible to purchase tickets. See the following for further guidelines.
1. Tickets for all trips are available on a first-come, first-served basis in the Office of Student Activities located on the main floor of Dutchess Hall (D-201).
Tickets for all discount tickets trips start for students:
Tuesday, September 6
Tickets will be available from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Cash and Credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, & Discover) are accepted. Please note there is a $10 minimum for credit cards. NOTE: YOU MAY ONLY PURCHASE TICKETS FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR GUEST(S).
2. Buses will leave the College at the stated time and will depart the activity not later than 10 minutes after the activity has concluded. Students not returning on the bus must inform the escort. If you miss the bus, it is your responsibility to obtain transportation to your destination at your own expense. Students are responsible for their personal belongings and the College and any part thereof is not responsible for any personal damage or loss ensued while participating in trips sponsored by the Student Activities Program.
3. Your SUNYCARD ID CARD must be presented when signing up for events and when receiving tickets on the bus. (A registration receipt is NOT acceptable.) Tickets are non-transferable (i.e. you may not give tickets to friends or relatives).
4. Students may bring one guest per trip unless otherwise noted.
5. For trips where bus transportation is provided, ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO RIDE THE BUS.
6. REFUNDS – Refunds will be granted in full only if you bring in your tickets and receipt at least ten (10) school days prior to said event. (PLEASE NOTE: NO refund will be granted for tickets returned less than 10 school days from the event. However, an exception to this ruling is if the event is a “sell out” AND the returned tickets are re-sold. Only under these circumstances will a refund be granted for tickets returned after the allowed return date.)
7. The open date policy for additional tickets for students and tickets for the general public is as such: Each semester a date will be set whereby remaining trips will be opened up to the student body and general public. The “open up” date for the fall 2016 semester is:
For All Events: Monday, September 19
8. The Student Activities Office reserves the right to suspend ticket sales to anyone who violates these guidelines.
GAS SAVER SPECIAL
We offer you the option of meeting the bus at several locations. When traveling south, buses will stop at Dutchess Community College South, Hollowbrook Plaza off Myers Corners Road. When traveling north, buses will stop at Stop and Shop in Rhinebeck (in front of the store). Pick up time for this stop is approximately 30 minutes after departure time from the college. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE PICKED UP AT AN ALTERNATE LOCATION, YOU MUST INFORM US WHEN YOU PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS!
“THERE’S ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON”