- About DCC
- Student Life
- Continuing Education
- News & Events
2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid www.fafsa.gov (FAFSA). The school code for Dutchess is 002864. If you are applying for the fall semester, submit your FAFSA any time after January 1.
3. To submit the FAFSA, you (and parents of a dependent student) will need a FSA ID in order to apply for financial aid. You will receive a Student Aid Report, which you should review and keep for your records.
4. If you are a New York State resident and you are enrolling as a full-time student, you may be eligible for state aid. You will be directed to the online Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application at the end of the FAFSA. Complete the application. You will need to list at least one school in New York State. The TAP code for Dutchess is 2053.
5. If you did not complete a TAP application as part of your online FAFSA, wait until you receive your FAFSA acknowledgment, then apply for TAP directly. Use 2053 as the TAP code for Dutchess.
6. If you are a New York State resident and you are enrolling as a part-time student,
you may be eligible for state aid. Apply for Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS) by October
3, 2016 for the fall semester, and by February 1, 2017 for the spring semester. Use
the APTS Application. (Note: Downloadable Financial Aid forms) are available on the College website.
Wait list: Once our initial allotment of APTS funds have been exhausted, any student who is complete and eligible for APTS will be put on a wait list. APTS funds can become available due to students withdrawing from courses or academic ineligibility.
This wait list will be reviewed beginning the 4th week of the semester and weekly thereafter until the deadline date or all funds are exhausted. Being on the wait list does not guarantee receipt of APTS funding.
7. Using the Banner ID assigned by the College, you can log in to your self-service Banner account and:
8. You must reapply for financial aid each academic year. To do so, start with step 2 above. Please make sure any documents sent to the Office of Financial Aid include the student's name and Student ID Number (Starts with an A) on each page.