- About DCC
- Student Life
- Continuing Education
- News & Events
Whenever possible, the laboratory experiments for each chemistry course are scheduled to coincide with topics covered and discussed in lecture. The completion of all laboratory experiments is required for a passing grade in a chemistry course! You will receive a grade of F for the course if you do not complete all the labs!
1. Lab make-ups are allowed only with significant extenuating circumstances – for example, a documented illness.
2. Make-ups must be scheduled within two weeks of the date of the original missed lab period. Requests for lab make-ups after that will only be honored in cases of severe and proven conditions that prevented the timely make-up.
3. Permission is required from the student’s regular lab instructor, and the lab instructor of the period planned for the make-up. If these are not available, the permission of the lab supervisor or night lab assistant may be obtained.
4. A make-up scheduling card must be filled out and given to the lab assistant at least two days in advance of the day you plan to make up the lab. Students missing a scheduled make-up without calling to cancel may be denied the right to reschedule ( (845) 431-8542 or (845) 431-8539 ).
5. Select a time to make-up the missed lab only from the times available on the schedule posted on the laboratory or stockroom door. Note: Instructors may refuse to allow a lab make-up during their lab period. Check with the teaching lab assistants.
6. The Lab Staff reserves the right to hold each student to the established limit of one lab make-up per semester.