The Nursing Program Clinical Lab Coordinator is responsible for acquiring, contracting, and monitoring all clinical sites for nursing courses and student experiences in coordination with the course lead teachers and department head of nursing.
Qualifications include an earned master’s degree in nursing, a license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York state, and current med-surg experience. A bachelor's degree in nursing may be considered. The individual is to be self-directed with strong organizational and communication skills. Strong technological skills a plus. Preference will be given to an individual familiar with the area's health care institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the department head to identify, select, contract with, monitor, and evaluate all clinical sites.
- Accompany the department head to planning meetings at clinical sites.
- Visit clinical sites and meet with nurse educators and unit managers in preparation for preceptorship.
- Assist in the selection of preceptors to ensure achievement of course outcomes.
- Work in conjunction with course lead teachers, skill lab assistant, and simulation lab assistant to establish clinical/simulation schedules and end-term competencies.
- Conduct orientation for full-time and adjunct faculty for on-campus simulations.
- Give guidance to adjunct clinical faculty according to the Clinical Faculty Handbook and assist with orientation to assigned clinical sites.
- Ensure all facility-required documentation and training is completed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Ensure that all faculty members meet the credentialing requirements of their assigned facility.
- Verify with facilities that clinical orientation materials are current and update if necessary.
- Make orientation materials available to faculty and students in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all students meet the health clearance requirements and submit the required paperwork to facilities within required time frames.
- Provide support to the department head in securing clinical faculty coverage for all clinical groups.
- Assure all required end-of-semester paperwork for students and clinical agencies are completed and processed as required.
- Participate in department meetings and departmental committees, as assigned.
- Participate in meetings at the clinical facilities as necessary.
- Update the clinical handbooks when necessary.
- Accept and complete additional related duties in relation to clinical sites as assigned by the department head.
DCC offers a comprehensive benefits package. Applicants for this position should submit a current résumé and a cover letter that clearly states how the candidate fulfills the required and preferred qualifications. Review of applications will begin in February and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please submit the following application materials: cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Nursing Clinical Lab Coordinator in the subject line.
Alternative Submission Method: Mail/Fax
Office of Human Resources Management
Dutchess Community College
53 Pendell Road
Poughkeepsie, New York 12601
Fax: (888) 617-1501
DCC is proud to be a two-time recipient of the Poughkeepsie Journal’s Richard K. Wager Workplace Diversity Award, and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others (AA/EOE).