Drug & Alcohol Abuse Prevention Programs: Students

Counseling, Treatment, and Re-entry Programs

Alcohol and other drug use and abuse can cause physical, psychological and emotional health problems. If you suspect that your alcohol and other drug use and abuse requires intervention, there are many resources available to you. 

Students may contact a College counselor in the Student Services Center, Room 301, 431-8040.

Alcoholics Anonymous meets on campus every Tuesday and Friday; call 431-8040 for time and location. For information about community A.A. Meetings, call 452-1111.

There also are a wide variety of community resources available to you. A few of these resources are:

Alcohol Abuse Clinics

Dutchess County Department of Mental Hygiene (845-485-9700)

Intensive Alcoholism Services

Dutchess County Department of Mental Hygiene
244 Church Street, Poughkeepsie, NY 12603 (845-486-3680)

Alcohol Abuse Program

Ulster County Mental Health Services
Golden Hill Drive, Box 1800, Kingston, NY 12401 (845-340-4000)

Mid-Hudson Counseling Center at New Paltz
161 Main Street, Box 355, New Paltz, NY 12561 (845-255-6560)

These offer individual, family and group counseling; referral for in-patient services; special groups for spouses, women, adult children of alcoholics, and children (ages 12 and up). For a listing of community resources to help you cope with alcohol and other drug problems, or related problems you may have, contact:

The Office of Counseling Services
Dutchess Community College, Student Services Center, Room 301
(845-431-8040, or on campus ext. 8040.)

A network of services is available throughout New York State to help those persons with problems stemming from the use or abuse of drugs. The New York State Division of Substance Abuse Services supports and monitors this statewide network of prevention and treatment programs, and provides information and free referrals for persons seeking assistance. Persons concerned about the use of drugs by family or friends, or persons concerned about substance abuse problems in their communities are invited to call, toll free (1-800-522-5353), for information, confidential referrals and assistance, without fear of being investigated.