Dutchess Community College is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. It is a member of the American Association of Community Colleges, the International/Intercultural Consortium of the AACC, and a founding member of the Association of Colleges of the Mid‐Hudson area. Its curricula are approved by the State University of New York and registered by the State Education Department.
Dutchess Community College was last accredited by MSCHE in 2016, successfully completing a Mid-Point Peer Review in 2020. A self study review will take place during the 2022-23 academic year, for which DCC began making preparations in fall 2020. The process is being facilitated by three co-chairs, a steering committee and eight working groups comprised of stakeholders from across campus. An anticipated site visit is planned for spring 2023.
Since 2019, the college has received approval for the following substantive changes:
- Substantive Change to award Postsecondary Certificate program (< 1 year), aka "Microcredentials" (7/2/2019).
- Substantive Change to relocate the DCC extension location from Wappingers Falls, NY, to Fishkill, NY (2/27/2020).
- Substantive Change to provide programs in Alternate Delivery (8/31/2020).
- The nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975‐5000;
- The Clinical Laboratory Technician program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), 5600 N. River Road, Suite 720, Rosemont, IL, 60018; (773) 714‐8880;
- The Emergency Medical Technician‐Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (9355 113th St. N, #7709, Seminole, FL 33775-7709; (727) 210‐ 2350, upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP) (8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111‐ 312, Rowlett, TX 75088; (214) 703‐8445).
Microcredentials, Certificates and Associate of Arts
The College is authorized to award microcredentials, certificates, and the Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science and Associate in Occupational Science degrees as established by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York.
The College is approved for recipients of New York State Scholarships for Veterans’ training.
Louis Greenspan Day Care Center
The Louis Greenspan Day Care Center is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) (1313 L St. NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC, 20005; (202) 232‐8777)
Visit the Middle States Commission on Higher Education for additional information about actions and approvals.