Fall 2015 Discount Tickets
We offer tickets to local attractions at a discount for students. Tickets may be used for any date. No transportation is provided for these events. Discount tickets go on sale August 31, 2015 and are available while supplies last or until December 4, 2015.
Night at the Movies
What’s better than sitting in comfort watching new releases at local theaters? From September 8 to December 4, you pick the show and see it at a discount with these passes. Due to the popularity of this event there will be a limit of two student tickets and 5 guest tickets, for each theater, per week.
Roosevelt Theater or Lyceum Theater (Red Hook, NY)
Students: $2.00 Guests: $5.00
Regal Cinemas in Poughkeepsie Galleria or Fishkill 12
Students: $6.00 Guests: $8.00
Six Flags: Great Adventure Discount Ticket
Use these discounted tickets to head down to Six Flags in New Jersey, for a lot of fun. Six Flags Great Adventure is a world-class family entertainment complex filled with exciting world-class rides, fabulous shows and exciting attractions. Tickets are limited and good any day during the season. There is a limit of 1 Student and 1 Guest ticket for this event. No transportation is provided for this event.
Students: $25.00 Guests: $35.00
Dolphins vs. Jets
Sunday, October 11
Enjoy the hard-hitting action that is NFL Football. See division rivals, the Miami Dolphins, take on the N.Y. Jets at MetLife Stadium. No transportation is provided for this event. There is a limit of 1 Student and 1 Guest ticket.
Students: $55.00 Guests: $65.00
Fall 2015 Trips
Tickets for the Renegades go on sale August 24. All other trips go on sale for students August 31, 2015. Student may purchase only one student and one guest ticket until the open ticket sale date on September 8, 2015. After this date, non-students and those wishing to purchase additional tickets may do so at the guest rate.
DCC Day at the Hudson Valley Renegades
Saturday, August 29
Come join us for a great evening of fun, fireworks, food and baseball at the Renegades' last game of the season. Rick Zolzer, DCC Alum, will be sure to make DCC Alumni and friends the highlight of the evening!
Dr. Pamela Edington, DCC president, will throw out the first pitch for the 7 p.m. game. Bus will leave Lot “D” at 5:30 p.m. and return following the game. This event is for students only.
Yankees vs Mets
Saturday, September 19
Come and witness the crack of the bat and the slap of the glove as the Yankees and Mets battle for bragging rights. Bus will leave Lot “D” at 9:00 a.m. and return following the 1:00 p.m. game.
Students: $60.00 Guests: $70.00
September NYC Trip
Saturday, September 26 Saturday, July 13
Here’s your chance to browse through the historical city for the day or take in all of its cultural and culinary delights. Or, just shop till you drop! Bus leaves “Lot D” at 8:00 a.m. and departs New York City at 6:00 p.m.
Students: $6.00 Guests: $11.00
Broadway Play: “An American in Paris”
Saturday, October 17
An American in Paris is the romantic story of a young American soldier, a beautiful French girl and an indomitable European city, each yearning for a new beginning in the aftermath of war. Bus leaves Lot “D” at 10:00 a.m. and departs after the 2:00 p.m. show.
Students: $42.00 Guests: $52.00
October NYC Trip
Sunday, October 18
Check out some VanGogh at the Museum of Modern Art or an IMAX at the American Museum of Natural History. We’ll drop you off and you can wander at your leisure. Hit the museums or just tour the city. The cost of the museums is not included. Bus leaves Lot “D” at 8:00 a.m. and departs New York City at 6:00 p.m.
Students: $6.00 Guests: $11.00
Radio City Christmas Spectacular
Sunday, November 15
It’s more spectacular than ever before! Featuring brand-new scenes, new sets & costumes, breathtaking special effects and an unforgettable new finale! The Rockettes perform 5 new numbers, showcasing their signature eye-high kicks and incredible precision dance style in some of the most challenging numbers ever conceived. Cherished favorites like the Parade of the Wooden Soldiers and the Living Nativity are enhanced, inviting you and your family to experience these marvelous scenes in a whole new way. Bus will leave Lot “D” at 10:00 a.m. and return following the 5:00 p.m. show.
Students: $47.00 Guests: $57.00
Broadway Play: “Fiddler on the Roof”
Saturday, November 21
Fiddler on the Roof takes place in Anatevka, a village in Tsarist Russia during the eve of the revolution. Tevye is a poor milkman who cares for his five daughters. While he and the rest of the elders in the village are deeply rooted in tradition, his daughters’ forward thinking clashes with Tevye’s principles and causes a rift in the family. Bus leaves Lot “D” at 10:00 a.m. and departs after the 2:00 p.m. show.
Students: $30.00 Guests: $40.00
November NYC Trip
Sunday, November 22
Here’s your chance to get to the city to get your holiday shopping done, see a show, or just explore the city a little. Bus leaves Lot “D” at 8:00 a.m. and departs NYC at 6:00 p.m.
Students: $6.00 Guests: $11.00
NOTE: You MUST be currently enrolled in fall 2015 credit-bearing classes to be eligible to purchase tickets. See the following for further guidelines.
1. Tickets for all trips are available on a first-come, first-served basis in the Office of Student Activities located on the main floor of Dutchess Hall (D-201).
Tickets for the DCC Day at the Renegades start August 24
Tickets for all other discount tickets trips start for students:
Monday, August 31
Tickets will be available from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Cash and Credit cards (Visa & MasterCard) are accepted. Please note there is a $10 minimum for credit cards. NOTE: YOU MAY ONLY PURCHASE TICKETS FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR GUEST(S).
2. Buses will leave the College at the stated time and will depart the activity not later than 10 minutes after the activity has concluded. Students not returning on the bus must inform the escort. If you miss the bus, it is your responsibility to obtain transportation to your destination at your own expense. Students are responsible for their personal belongings and the College and any part thereof is not responsible for any personal damage or loss ensued while participating in trips sponsored by the Student Activities Program.
3. Your SUNYCARD ID CARD must be presented when signing up for events and when receiving tickets on the bus. (A registration receipt is NOT acceptable.) Tickets are non-transferable (i.e. you may not give tickets to friends or relatives).
4. Students may bring one guest per trip unless otherwise noted.
5. For trips where bus transportation is provided, ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO RIDE THE BUS.
6. REFUNDS – Refunds will be granted in full only if you bring in your tickets and receipt at least ten (10) school days prior to said event. (PLEASE NOTE: NO refund will be granted for tickets returned less than 10 school days from the event. However, an exception to this ruling is if the event is a “sell out” AND the returned tickets are re-sold. Only under these circumstances will a refund be granted for tickets returned after the allowed return date.)
7. The open date policy for additional tickets for students and tickets for the general public is as such: Each semester a date will be set whereby remaining trips will be opened up to the student body and general public. The “open up” date for the fall 2015 semester is:
For Yankee/Mets Tickets: Tuesday, September 8
For All Events: Monday, September 14
8. The Student Activities Office reserves the right to suspend ticket sales to anyone who violates these guidelines.
GAS SAVER SPECIAL
We offer you the option of meeting the bus at several locations. When traveling south, buses will stop at Dutchess Community College South, Hollowbrook Plaza off Myers Corners Road. When traveling north, buses will stop at Stop and Shop in Rhinebeck (in front of the store). Pick up time for this stop is approximately 30 minutes after departure time from the college. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE PICKED UP AT AN ALTERNATE LOCATION, YOU MUST INFORM US WHEN YOU PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS!
“THERE’S ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON”