Spring 2015 Discount Tickets
We offer tickets to local attractions at a discount for students. Tickets may be used for any date. No transportation is provided for these events. Discount tickets go on sale January 26, 2015 and are available while supplies last or until May 1, 2015.
Night at the Movies
What’s better than sitting in comfort watching new releases at local theaters? This semester, you pick the show and see it at a discount with these passes. Due to the popularity of this event there will be a limit of two student tickets and 5 guest tickets, for each theater, per week.
Roosevelt Theater or Lyceum Theater (Red Hook, NY)
Students: $2.00 Guests: $5.00
Regal Cinemas in Poughkeepsie Galleria or Fishkill 12
Students: $6.00 Guests: $8.00
Six Flags Great Adventure Discount Ticket
Use these discounted tickets to head down to Six Flags, in New Jersey, for a lot of fun. Six Flags Great Adventure is a world-class family entertainment complex filled with exciting world-class rides, fabulous shows and exciting attractions. Tickets are limited and good any day from late March until early November. There is a limit of 1 Student and 1 Guest ticket for this event. No transportation is provided for this event.
Students: $28.00 Guests: $38.00
Bowling Discount Cards
If you need some fun, try bowling. It just feels good to knock stuff down. It’s a sport, a recreation or a night out. Everyone can do it. Ticket includes 2 games and shoe rental. Good at Hoe Bowl Lanes, Taft Avenue. There is a limit of 2 student tickets and 5 guest tickets per week.
Students: $3.00 Guests: $6.00
Spring 2015 Trips
February New York City Day Trip
Saturday, February 21
This is your chance for a low-budget trip to New York City. We’ll get you there and back home and you’ve got the whole day to plan your own itinerary. You will be dropped off and picked up in Bryant Park. Bus leaves Lot D at 8:00 a.m. and departs NYC at 6:00 p.m.
Students: $6.00 Guests: $11.00
Broadway Play: “If/Then”
Saturday, February 28
If/Then is a contemporary new musical that follows two distinct storylines in the life of Elizabeth, a city planner who moves back to New York to restart her life in this city of infinite possibilities. When her carefully designed plans collide with the whims of fate, Elizabeth’s life splits into two parallel paths. If/Then follows both stories simultaneously as this modern woman faces the intersection of choice and chance. Bus leaves Lot D at 10:00 a.m. and departs after the 2:00 p.m. show.
Students $37.00 Guests: $47.00
Saturday, March 21
Islanders vs. Devils
See slap shots, glove saves and crushing checks in the fastest sport in the world. These two teams battle for local bragging rights as the Islanders take on the Devils. Bus will leave Lot “D” at 3:00 p.m. and return following the 7:00 p.m. game.
Students: $25.00 Guests: $35.00
March New York City Trip
Saturday, March 28
Check out some Van Gogh at the Museum of Modern Art or an IMAX at the American Museum of Natural History. We’ll drop you off and you can wander at your leisure. Hit the museums or just tour the city. The cost of the museums is not included. You will be dropped off and picked up in Bryant Park. Bus leaves Lot D at 8:00 a.m. and departs New York City at 6:00 p.m.
Students: $6.00 Guests: $11.00
Broadway Play: “On The Town”
Saturday, April 4
On the Town tells the story of three wide-eyed sailors on a whirlwind musical tour of the city that never sleeps. With just 24 hours of shore leave, they’re eager to experience all that New York City has to offer… including a chance to discover love with the girl of their dreams. Bus leaves Lot D at 10:00 a.m. and departs after the 2:00 p.m. show.
Students $19.00 Guests: $29.00
76ers vs. Knicks
Sunday, April 5
Come and see the Philadelphia 76ers take on Carmelo Anthony and the N. Y. Knicks. Tickets include a $10 food voucher. Bus will leave Lot D at 3:30 p.m. and return following the 7:30 p.m. game.
Students: $75.00 Guests: $85.00
Marlins vs. Mets
Saturday, April 18
Come and see America’s past-time as the Mets play host to the Marlins. The bus leaves Lot D at 3:00 p.m. and returns immediately after the 7:10 p.m. game.
Students: $50.00 Guests: $60.00
April New York City Trip
Saturday, April 25
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the big city. Walk through the park or go shopping, it’s all up to you. You will be dropped off and picked up in Bryant Park. Bus leaves lot D at 8:00 a.m. and departs NYC at 6:00 p.m.
Students: $6.00 Guests: $11.00
NOTE: You MUST be currently enrolled in the spring 2015 semester in credit bearing classes to be eligible to purchase tickets. See the following for further guidelines.
1. Tickets for all trips are available on a first-come, first-serve basis in the Office of Student Activities located on the main floor of Dutchess Hall (D-201). Ticket sales start:
Tuesday, January 26, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tickets may be purchased with cash or by credit card. VISA and MASTERCARD are accepted. There is a $10 minimum on credit card charges.
NOTE: YOU MAY ONLY PURCHASE TICKETS FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR GUEST(S).
2. Buses will leave the College at the stated time and will depart the activity not later than 10 minutes after the activity has concluded. Students not returning on the bus must inform the escort. If you miss the bus, it is your responsibility to obtain transportation to your destination at your own expense. Students are responsible for their personal belongings and the College and any part thereof is not responsible for any personal damage or loss ensued while participating in trips sponsored by the Student Activities Program.
3. Your SUNYCARD ID CARD must be presented when signing up for events and when receiving tickets on the bus. (A registration receipt is NOT acceptable.) Tickets are non-transferable (i.e. you may not give tickets to friends or relatives).
4. Students may bring one guest per trip unless otherwise noted.
5. For trips where bus transportation is provided, ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO RIDE THE BUS.
6. REFUNDS – Refunds will be granted in full only if you bring in your tickets and receipt at least ten (10) school days prior to said event. (PLEASE NOTE: NO refund will be granted for tickets returned less than 10 school days from the event. However, an exception to this ruling is if the event is a “sell out” AND the returned tickets are re-sold. Only under these circumstances will a refund be granted for tickets returned after the allowed return date.)
7. The open date policy for additional tickets for students and tickets for the general public is as such: Each semester a date will be set whereby remaining trips will be opened up to the student body and general public. The “open up” dates for the spring 2015 semester is
Monday, February 10 for all trips
8. The Student Activities Office reserves the right to suspend ticket sales to anyone who violates these guidelines.
GAS SAVER SPECIAL
We offer you the option of meeting the bus at several locations. When traveling south, buses will stop at Dutchess Community College South, Hollowbrook Plaza off Myers Corners Road. When traveling north, buses will stop at Stop and Shop in Rhinebeck (in front of the store). Pick up time for this stop is approximately 15 minutes after departure time from the college. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE PICKED UP AT THIS ALTERNATE LOCATION, YOU MUST INFORM US WHEN YOU PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS!
“THERE’S ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON”
Follow the Student Activities Office on facebook