Fall 2013 Discount Tickets
We offer tickets to local attractions at a discount for students. Tickets may be used for any date. No transportation is provided for these events. Discount tickets go on sale September 9, 2013 and are available while supplies last or December 7, 2013.
Night at the Movies
What’s better than sitting in comfort watching new releases at local theaters? From September 9 to December 7, you pick the show and see it at a discount with these passes. Due to the popularity of this event there will be a limit of two student tickets and 5 guest tickets, for each theater, per week.
Roosevelt Theater or Lyceum Theater (Red Hook, NY)
Students: $2.00 Guests: $5.00
Regal Cinemas in Poughkeepsie Galleria or Fishkill 12
Students: $6.00 Guests: $8.00
Bowling Discount Cards
Hoe Bowl Centers
If you need some fun, try bowling. It just feels good to knock stuff down. It’s a sport, a recreation or a night out. Everyone can do it. Hoe Bowl bowling consists of five fantastic centers, located in Wappingers, Walden, Poughkeepsie, Kingston and Catskill. There is a limit of 2 student tickets and 5 guest tickets per week.
Students: $1.00 Guests: $3.00
Six Flags, Great Adventure Discount Ticket
September 12 – October 13
Use these discounted tickets to head down to Six Flags for a lot of fun. Six Flags Great Adventure is a world-class family entertainment complex filled with exciting world-class rides, fabulous shows and exciting attractions. Don’t miss the new Dark Knight Coaster. The Dark Knight Coaster will transform guests into citizens of Gotham City — caught in the middle of a city under siege and torn apart by The Joker. Tickets are limited and good any day until October 13. No transportation is provided for this event. There is a limit of 1 Student and 1 Guest ticket until the open up date for this event.
Students: $22.00 Guests: $32.00
Patriots vs. Jets
Sunday, October 20
Enjoy the hard hitting action that is NFL Football. See bitter division rivals clash as the New England Patriots take on the N.Y. Jets at MetLife Stadium. No transportation is provided for this event. There is a limit of 1 Student and 1 Guest ticket.
Students: $55.00 Guests: $65.00
Fall 2013 Trips
Tickets for all trips go on sale for students September 9, 2013. Student may purchase only one student and one guest ticket until the open ticket sale date on September 23, 2013. After this date, non-students and those wishing to purchase additional tickets may do so at the guest rate.
NYC Day Trip
Sunday, September 29
Here’s your chance to browse through the historical city for the day or take in all of its cultural and culinary delights. Or, just shop till you drop! Bus leaves “Lot E” at 8:00 a.m. and departs New York City at 6:00 p.m.
Students: $6.00 Guests: $11.00
Broadway Play: “Cinderella”
Saturday, October 5
The smart and beautiful young Ella lives in the care of her wicked, self-absorbed stepmother Madame and Madame’s two daughters, Charlotte and Gabrielle. Ella’s only friends in the world are the animals in the woods, “crazy Marie” and the revolutionary student Jean-Michel. Meanwhile in another part of the kingdom, Prince Topher is trying to find himself and learn his place in the kingdom. When his scheming advisor Sebastian suggests throwing a ball so the Prince could meet potential brides, Ella and Topher’s different worlds come together. Expect the unexpected in this clever retelling of the beloved fairytale. Bus leaves Lot “E” at 10:00 a.m. and departs after the 2:00 p.m. show.
Students: $41.00 Guests: $51.00
New York City Museum Trip
Saturday, October 19
Check out some VanGogh at the Museum of Modern Art or an IMAX at the American Museum of Natural History. We’ll drop you off and you can wander at your leisure. Hit the museums or just tour the city. The cost of the museums is not included. Bus leaves Lot “E” at 8:00 a.m. and departs New York City at 6:00 p.m.
Students: $6.00 Guests: $11.00
Broadway Play: “First Date”
Saturday, November 2
Aaron is a "blind date virgin," while Casey has been on more than her fair share. When the two are set up by a mutual friend, sparks fly—or do they? The night unfolds over the course of this couple’s hilarious first date, and it’s not without its share of surprises in the form of imaginary visits from Aaron’s ex-girlfriend, Casey’s uptight sister, the pair’s protective parents and even their future son! Google background checks, awkward pauses and bailouts are all there during this unforgettable first encounter between two romantics, who just might be perfect for each other. Or not. Bus leaves Lot “E” at 10:00 a.m. and departs after the 2:00 p.m. show.
Students: $23.00 Guests: $33.00
Radio City Christmas Spectacular
Saturday, November 9
It’s more spectacular than ever before! Featuring brand-new scenes, new sets & costumes, breathtaking special effects and an unforgettable new finale! The Rockettes perform 5 new numbers, showcasing their signature eye-high kicks and incredible precision dance style in some of the most challenging numbers ever conceived. Cherished favorites like the Parade of the Wooden Soldiers and the Living Nativity are enhanced; inviting you and your family to experience these marvelous scenes in a whole new way. Bus will leave Lot “E” at 10:00 a.m. and return following the 4:00 p.m. show.
Students: $57.00 Guests: $67.00
Shopping in New York City
Saturday, November 16
Here’s your chance to get to the city to get your holiday shopping done, see a show, or just explore the city a little. You will be dropped off and picked up in front of Macy’s. Bus leaves Lot “E” at 8:00 a.m. and departs NYC at 6:00 p.m.
Students: $6.00 Guests $11.00
NHL Hockey: Kings vs. Rangers
Sunday, November 17
See slap shots, glove saves and crushing checks in the fastest sport in the world. These two teams battle for bragging rights as the Kings take on the Rangers. Experience the game like never before in one of the new Group Hospitality Lounges. The cost of this event covers the tickets, food and nonalcoholic beverages. Bus will leave Lot “E” at 3:00 p.m. and return following the 7:00 p.m. game.
Students: $82.00 Guests: $92.00
NOTE: You MUST be currently enrolled in fall 2013 credit bearing classes to be eligible to purchase tickets. See the following for further guidelines.
1. Tickets for all trips are available on a first-come, first served basis in the Office of Student Activities located on the main floor of Dutchess Hall (D-201).
Tickets for all discount tickets trips start for students:
Monday, September 9
Tickets will be available from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Cash and Credit cards (Visa & MasterCard) are accepted. Please note there is a $10 minimum for credit cards. NOTE: YOU MAY ONLY PURCHASE TICKETS FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR GUEST(S).
2. Buses will leave the College at the stated time and will depart the activity not later than 10 minutes after the activity has concluded. Students not returning on the bus must inform the escort. If you miss the bus, it is your responsibility to obtain transportation to your destination at your own expense. Students are responsible for their personal belongings and the College and any part thereof is not responsible for any personal damage or loss ensued while participating in trips sponsored by the Student Activities Program.
3. Your SUNYCARD ID CARD must be presented when signing up for events and when receiving tickets on the bus. (A registration receipt is NOT acceptable.) Tickets are non-transferable (i.e. you may not give tickets to friends or relatives).
4. Students may bring one guest per trip unless otherwise noted.
5. For trips where bus transportation is provided, ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO RIDE THE BUS.
6. REFUNDS – Refunds will be granted in full only if you bring in your tickets and receipt at least ten (10) school days prior to said event. (PLEASE NOTE: NO refund will be granted for tickets returned less than 10 school days from the event. However, an exception to this ruling is if the event is a “sell out” AND the returned tickets are re-sold. Only under these circumstances will a refund be granted for tickets returned after the allowed return date.)
7. The open date policy for additional tickets for students and tickets for the general public is as such: Each semester a date will be set whereby remaining trips will be opened up to the student body and general public. The “open up” dates for the fall 2013 semester is
For All Events: Monday, September 23
8. The Student Activities Office reserves the right to suspend ticket sales to anyone who violates these guidelines.
GAS SAVER SPECIAL
We offer you the option of meeting the bus at several locations. When traveling south, buses will stop at Dutchess Community College South, Hollowbrook Plaza off Myers Corners Road. When traveling north, buses will stop at Stop and Shop in Rhinebeck (in front of the store). Pick up time for this stop is approximately 30 minutes after departure time from the college. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE PICKED UP AT THIS ALTERNATE LOCATION, YOU MUST INFORM US WHEN YOU PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS!
“THERE’S ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON”