Payment Policies

Fall 2017 Registration Payment Guidelines: Don’t Lose Your Seat!

No deposit is required for registration – but students must pay in full by certain deadlines or they will automatically be dropped from classes. Financial aid and other monetary awards will be deducted from balances due.

You can sign up for an easy-pay installment plan to spread out your payments!

Find the answers to common questions, below. Feel free to stop by Student Accounts (SSC202) or call (845) 431-8060 if you need help.


Q. When is payment due?

3/27 - 6/25 6/26 7/13
6/26 - 7/30 7/31 8/10
7/31 - 8/6 8/7 8/10
8/7 - 8/13 8/14 8/17
8/14 - 8/20 8/21 8/24
8/21 - 8/27 8/28 8/31
8/28 - 9/3 9/4 9/7

Q. How do the deadlines affect residence hall students?

A. A residence hall student who does not meet his/her financial obligation by the “drop” date will be removed from classes and may lose housing.

Q. Are there accommodations for veterans?
A. Veterans should contact the College’s Certifying VA Official at (845) 431-8339.

Q. What payment methods do you accept?
A. Cash, checks, and money orders are accepted for all payments at the Student Accounts Office on the main campus. The DCC South Campus accepts checks and money orders.

All major credit cards are accepted but must be processed through your myDCC/Student Financial Services Tab/Quikpay account.

All financial aid must be authorized (showing on your bill) to be used as a credit toward your tuition. This means:

  • You have been awarded grants and/or loans, and you have completed the terms and conditions of your award

  • You have accepted the loans awarded. You will need to complete entrance counseling and sign your master promissory note if you are a first-time borrower in order for funds to move onto your account.

  • If you have been awarded a PLUS (Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students) loan, your parent must accept the loan, apply and be approved for the loan and sign the master promissory note in order for these funds to move onto your account.

Please be aware that simply filing a FAFSA does NOT secure your course schedule. All of the above steps must be completed and loan confirmation information received from the federal government by the “Student’s Payment Due Date” for funds to be authorized to a student’s account.

If you have employer-provided tuition benefits, you can fill out an Employer Deferment Form which will defer payment until 30 days from the day grades are posted.

If you have a third-party agency paying your bill, we must have documentation. You should either request a letter or a voucher from the agency. Any balance not covered by the third party must be paid in full by your due date.

If you have a College Savings Account, you must make sure the disbursement from the fund is received by the due date.

Q. Can I pay online?
A. Yes! Go to myDCC/Student Financial Services tab/QuikPay to view your account activity, make payments, or sign up for a payment plan.

Q. Can I make monthly payments?
A. Yes! DCC provides a monthly installment payment plan. The date that you sign up for the plan (via the Student Financial Services tab on myDCC) determines the term of the plan. THIS IS A SEMESTER PLAN AND MUST BE RENEWED EACH SEMESTER. There is a $25 processing fee to sign up for a payment plan. Dates for the Fall 2017 semester are as follows:

Date of Payment Plan Enrollment Number of Payments
Through 7/13 5
Through 8/10 4
Through 9/7 3


Q. Can I cancel or readjust my payment plan?
A. You can do this in person at the Student Accounts Office with your Student ID card.
You also can email or fax (855) 204-3766. In your message, indicate the new amount that you want to pay or that you want to cancel the payment plan. Please include your name and student ID in your email or fax. All emails must come from a DCC email account. Any adjustments must be sent one week prior to the next scheduled payment to be processed.

Q. What happens to scheduled payments if I withdraw from the College?
A. Scheduled payments will continue to be processed unless you contact Student Accounts and request otherwise.

Q. What if I’m being charged a non-resident fee on my bill?
A. If you were charged non-resident tuition, please refer to Residency Requirements for additional information. You MUST complete and submit the required paperwork to be able to deduct the non-resident tuition amount from your bill. As long as your regular tuition and fees are paid by your due date, you will have 30 days from the beginning of the semester to submit your residency form. The amount of your non-resident tuition remains on your account until the form is received, at which time it is removed. If the form is not submitted within the 30-day time frame, the student becomes responsible for the non-resident tuition.

Q. I can’t get to the office by the time you close. Do you have a drop box?
A. The Student Accounts Office has a night drop box on the door. Payments may be made by check, cashier’s check or money order. To ensure proper processing, please include your student ID number on everything you place into the drop box. Please do not put cash in the night drop box. Our office is open until 7 p.m. on Tuesday nights!

Q. Can I mail my payment?
A. Yes! Please make checks payable to DCC. Payment must be received in our office on or before the published payment deadline; postmarks are not accepted. You must include your name and ID number in the memo of the check.

Mail to:

Dutchess Community College
Attn: Office of Student Accounts
53 Pendell Rd
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601

Dropping Classes/Financial Aid Refunds

Q. How do I get my refund if my account has a credit balance?
A. All financial aid refunds are processed through BankMobile. If you are receiving financial aid and have not selected how to receive your refund, please visit You have the choice of electronically sending your refund money to your own personal bank account, opening a BankMobile account, or requesting that a check be mailed to you.

Q. Can I use my expected financial aid for book costs?
Yes! Book vouchers to purchase books in the DCC Bookstore will be available beginning one week prior to the start of classes. You can email from your DCC email with your request. Be sure to include you’re A#. To estimate the amount you will need, you can visit the DCC Bookstore.

Q. Will I owe any money if I drop a class or withdraw from college
A. It depends on when you drop the class(es). Withdrawals must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office in person or via your DCC email (send to; the date of your request determines your tuition responsibility. Students who drop classes prior to the beginning of the semester incur no liability for those classes. Students who drop classes during the first week of the fall or spring semesters (based upon the official first day of classes for that semester, regardless of when the first class is held) will incur 25% liability for the classes. The percentage of liability increases each week. By the end of the third week of the semester, students will have full liability for any class in which they are enrolled, even if they later drop that class. Refund periods for summer sessions are much shorter than those for the fall and spring semester. Certain fees and fines, such as late payment fees, library fines and residence hall damage charges, are not refundable.

Q. How do I appeal my withdrawal?
A. If you feel you have an extenuating circumstance which justifies an exception to the standard withdrawal policy, you may appeal in writing to the Withdrawal Appeal Committee by obtaining a Tuition Refund Appeal Form from Student Accounts and submitting it with full documentation (e.g. copies of registration form, drop/add forms, medical verification). Appeals received without the proper documentation and form will not be reviewed.

Withdrawal procedures and add/drop refund dates are widely publicized. Therefore, appeals based on lack of awareness of these issues will not be reviewed. The Committee’s decisions are final.

Criteria for Appeals

  • Death in the student’s immediate family (parent, sibling, offspring, spouse).

  • Unforeseen medical incapacitation of student or immediate family.

  • Illness or injury of the student of such severity or duration that competent medical authority certified that completion of the course is/was precluded.

  • Family circumstances of such severity that the student’s presence is/was required away from school and precluded completion of the course.

  • Involuntary call to military duty – orders must accompany appeal.

  • Advising error by College employee (includes failure to meet course prerequisites – documentation required.)

The Withdrawal Appeal Committee does not, under any circumstances, take phone calls or schedule appointments. All appeals must be submitted in writing.

Before requesting retroactive cancellation and/or tuition refund appeal, students receiving financial aid should discuss the implication with a financial aid advisor so a determination will be based on a clear understanding of the consequences of withdrawing from courses. Retroactively canceling courses may result in being billed for financial aid that has been disbursed based on your original enrollment.

Q. I cannot register/I haven’t received my grades/I cannot receive a transcript. Is there a problem?
A. If you are unable to register, or you cannot receive grades or a transcript, you likely have a hold on your Student Account.

A hold may be placed on your Student Account if you owe money to the College. In addition, students may have holds on their records for reasons other than financial obligations. If you think you may have a hold on your Student Account, please contact the Office of Student Accounts.

We’re here to help!

Q. How do I contact Student Accounts?
A. The Student Accounts Office is located on the Main Campus in the Orcutt Student Services Center, Room 202. Office hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Tuesday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Dutchess Community College
Attn: Office of Student Accounts
53 Pendell Rd
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Phone: (845) 431-8060
Fax: (855) 204-3766