A full-time student is someone who is enrolled in twelve or more credits for the fall or the spring semester.
To apply for admission to the College as a full-time student, simply follow the steps below.
- Fill out an online or hard copy application. Please note: The deadline for online application is July 31, and there are separate applications for Admissions and Financial Aid. If you would like to apply for Financial Aid, please make sure to complete a Financial Aid application.
- Request that your high school transcript, HSE (formerly GED) scores, and/or college transcripts be sent to Dutchess Community College.
- You will receive notification from the College that we have received your application. At that time, the Admissions Office staff will begin reviewing your application and making recommendations.
- If you are a student new to college, you will be given an appointment to take an academic placement test (also known as COMPASS/ASSET Test). The Office of Academic Services and Testing administers placement testing required for all full-time students enrolling in certain English, mathematics, or biology courses.
Click here for more information.
Note: Students requesting accommodations for the placement test based on a disability must provide documentation of their disability to the Office of Accommodative Services . Click here to see Disability Guidelines and Procedures .
- Once you have completed the steps above, you will then be accepted and notified when to register.
Please note that at the time of attendance, students must have a high school diploma or HSE (formerly GED.)