The Bridges to Baccalaureate Degree Program established in collaboration with SUNY Purchase, National Institutes of Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and Emisphere Technologies to assist underrepresented minority students pursuing careers or advanced degrees in biomedical research.
The program includes:
- Guaranteed Admission for Qualified Students to SUNY Purchase
- Orientation sessions for First-Time Students
- Peer Tutoring Program
- Peer Mentoring Program
- Academic Advisor Assignments
- Academic Monitoring and Support
- Course Registration Assistance
- Employment/Work study Opportunities
- Paid Summer Research Opportunities
- Student Eligibility Requirements:
First-year students must have a high school average of 80 or higher, letter of recommendation from their high school science teacher, and a written essay expressing their interest in the biomedical field.
Second-year students must have a G.P.A. of 2.8 or higher, letter of recommendation from a faculty member, and a written essay expressing their interest in the biomedical field.
For an application or more information contact:
Dr. Mark Condon
Department of Allied Health and Biological Sciences
Phone: (845) 431-8322