Investigator/Assistant Director of Campus Security and Safety
The Dutchess Community College Association is seeking candidates for the position of Investigator/Assistant Director of Campus Security and Safety. Under the direction of the Director of Campus Security and Safety, this position is responsible for investigations related to violations of the campus code of conduct and criminal activities. The position is responsible for the general protection of students, personnel, buildings, grounds, equipment and funds of Dutchess Community College. The Assistant Director will be responsible for all security related functions related to the campus’ student housing. The Assistant Director is also responsible for the direct supervision of security staff and for overseeing services provided by contract security staff. Other duties include:
- Serve as point of contact and liaison with law enforcement agencies (local, state and federal) as needed.
- Supervision of and attendance at functions and events.
- Liaison with Student Affairs and the Office of Student Conduct.
- Oversee first level staff disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Maintain a safe and orderly work, living and study environment for all students, faculty, staff and visitors and deal with all members of each constituent group professionally, courteously and with respect at all times.
- Ability and willingness to perform other duties as assigned.
Educational/ Experience Requirements:
Ten years of progressively responsible experience in police or private security management positions or equivalent combination. Experience in conducting criminal and other types of detailed investigations is required. Higher Education experience is desired. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Position Effective: This is a 10 month position with an anticipated start date of August 15. For full consideration please submit application immediately.
To apply, please submit the following application materials: Resume and Cover letter to email@example.com . Please include Investigator / Assistant Director in the subject line.
Alternative Submission Method: Mail
Perry Cuttino, Executive Director
Dutchess Community College Association, Inc
53 Pendell Road
Poughkeepsie, New York 12601
DCCA is committed to the principle of diversity and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others (AA/EOE).