User Services Administrator
This position is a 12 month, civil service position reporting to the Information Technology and Instructional Media Manager. The Department of Information Technology provides academic and administrative instructional media, computer, and communications support for the College. The User Services Administrator will lead and supervise second-shift (evenings) instructional media and help desk personnel and provide day to day oversight of the instructional media department, computer support services help desk and all audio/visual, hardware, and software products and devices required to support the teaching and learning experience and the user desktop computing environment. The incumbent will be responsible to manage, maintain, and control all instructional media technology and equipment as well as the performance of computer support services to customers and ensure that service levels are tracked and customer expectations are met or exceeded. The User Services Administrator provides administrative support and supervision to diverse teams comprised of full-time, classified staff and part-time student workers. The teams are collectively responsible for providing first-line maintenance, control, and customer support of computer account provisioning and access, instructional media, and computer hardware, software, enterprise applications. The position is responsible to design and deliver/conduct training programs to educate the organization’s instructional media and computer users about basic and specialized equipment and applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee Computer Support Services to ensure that computer support (student, faculty, administrative, and clerical populations) problems are resolved in a timely and effective manner; enabling users to access needed information and utilize technology resources effectively.
- Communicate effectively with customers and stakeholders to assess support needs, assist in the identification of technology and equipment needs, and respond to customer service concerns.
- Direct the instructional media and end user support services teams’ workflow and customer interactions.
- Assist the IT/IM Manager in developing the work schedule for the teams to ensure appropriate resource allocation.
- Supervise, manage, train and develop teams of staff to ensure a high level of area proficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate, develop, provide, coordinate, oversee, and promote digital media services and instructional technology use and innovation in support of the teaching and learning needs of the college faculty, students, and staff.
- Act as a point of escalation to resolve complex issues and/or reassign cases to ensure rapid resolution to customer issues.
- Measure and report on unit performance via metrics and indicators of service level activity and customer satisfaction. Provide regular helpdesk performance and utilization reports to departmental and College leadership.
- Analyze performance statistics on a weekly basis and provide recommendations for process improvement in support of team metrics.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation.
- Responsible for organizing and conducting user level training and overview for a variety and ever-changing instructional and computer equipment, systems and applications.
- Participate in departmental, divisional, and institutional assessment activities.
- Other duties as required.
Required Abilities, Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients/vendors
- Ability to work independently under minimal guidance
- Ability to troubleshoot, hardware, software, digital media, and, audiovisual issues
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain composure and professionalism in an interrupt-driven environment. Must be able to multi-task
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) with a specialization in Desktop Infrastructure is preferred
- Standard desktop support toolsets and applications as required
- Current knowledge of digital media and instructional technology delivery methods, services, applications, theories, tools, principles, and methodologies
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply federal, state, and local policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Knowledge of Windows and Macintosh desktop platforms
- Knowledge of enterprise mobile messaging devices
- Knowledge of antivirus products such as Sophos or McAfee
- Knowledge of remote access solutions such as Cisco or Juniper a plus.
- VDI technologies such as Citrix Xenapp, VmWare View or other required packages
- Implementation, deployment and support of help desk queue management software.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or related field preferred. Associate degree in related field required.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in the areas of instructional technology / digital media services and technical end user support services experience including 1 year of supervisory experience.
Experience in a higher education environment is highly preferred.
To apply, please submit the following application materials: cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com . Please include User Services Administrator in the subject line.
Alternative Submission Method: Mail/Fax
Office of Human Resources Management
Dutchess Community College
53 Pendell Road
Poughkeepsie, New York 12601
Fax: (888) 617-1501
DCC is proud to be a two-time recipient of the Poughkeepsie Journal’s Richard K. Wager Workplace Diversity Award, and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others (AA/EOE).
Vacancies for Civil Service positions are generally filled from an eligible list provided by the Dutchess County Personnel Department. These lists are compiled as a result of exams given for specific titles. The College does not maintain a file of resumes for civil service positions. Call the Dutchess County Exams Hotline at (845) 486-2167 regarding upcoming exams. You may also visit the Dutchess County website at www.dutchessny.gov and view "Current Recruitments" for further information.