Assistant Director of the DCC Foundation
This 12-month, administrative position oversees the day to day operations of the DCC Foundation. The Assistant Director oversees activities related to the department, including the annual giving program, direct mail solicitations, Internet fundraising and special events coordination. Reports to the DCC Foundation Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend all Foundation board and committee meetings as appropriate. Staffs and leads the Special Events and Alumni Affairs committees.
- Implements scholarship and restricted fund terms and contractual obligations.
- Assist with overseeing the daily operations of the Foundation which includes supervision of department employees, students, and volunteers. Acts as a back-up for time and attendance approvals.
- Assist with department policy. recommendations and interpretation.
- Along with the Executive Director, implement and coordinate training for department employees and outside constituencies.
- Organize, develop, and oversee all fundraising special events, including contract approval.
- Identifies opportunities for donor cultivation and engagement.
- Generates regular reports on special event progress to insure compliance with action plans and budget requirements.
- Design and write fundraising appeals for alumni, community members and faculty/staff.
- Solicit corporate and individual sponsorships for all fundraising special events.
- Prepare proposals for funding from outside parties.
- Recruit, train and direct volunteers.
- Cultivate relationships with existing and potential donors, as well as individuals and organizations that have special relationships with the College.
- Assist with the Foundation’s annual report and newsletter.
- Work with the Director to implement the strategic plan as set out by the Foundation Board of Directors and College Board of Trustees.
- Work with SUNY committees such as Alumni Affairs and others as appropriate.
- Participate in departmental, divisional, and institutional assessment activities as required.
- Assume other responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in non-profit management, communications or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a fundraising office, particularly in special events (or comparable professional experience).
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal, financial, and organizational proficiency.
- Demonstrated increased fundraising responsibility.
- High degree of personal/professional integrity, respect for privacy and confidentiality, a sense of ethics, and a commitment to educating students and the role of the community college.
- Ability to multitask and work under strict deadlines.
To apply, please submit the following application materials: cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and an ‘appeal’ writing sample to email@example.com . Please include Assistant Director of the DCC Foundation in the subject line.
Alternative Submission Method: Mail/Fax
Office of Human Resources Management
Dutchess Community College
53 Pendell Road
Poughkeepsie, New York 12601
Fax: (888) 617-1501
DCC is proud to be a two-time recipient of the Poughkeepsie Journal’s Richard K. Wager Workplace Diversity Award, and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others (AA/EOE).